When collaborating and sharing using Google products (Google Docs/Google Drive specifically) it helps to have your alternate (work, association, groups, clubs) email address(es) added to your Google account so that when people share things with you, they automatically go into your Google account for your consumption.
Google makes this a pretty easy process according to their help pages:
You can add alternate email addresses to your account and use them to sign in, recover your password, and more.
To add an alternate email address to your Google Account, just follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account on the Google Accounts homepage.
- Click Edit next to ‘Email addresses.’
- Add your alternate email address in the ‘Add an additional email address’ field.
- Click Save.
You should then receive a message at your alternate email address, containing a verification link. Click the link so you can begin signing in to your account with your alternate address.
Can’t find our verification message? Read our troubleshooting tips.A few things to remember when adding alternates:
- You can’t use a Gmail address as an alternate.
- You can’t use an email address that’s already the primary address on another Google Account.
Learn how alternates work across different products.