Robert Merrill has been a “Freedom Academy Dad” for six years. With three daughters in various grades, he wants them to have a full, challenging educational experience supported by excellent teachers and a school environment conducive to learning and community development. Robert, with his wife Celeste, has enjoyed watching Freedom Academy grow, donating money, resources and volunteering hundreds of hours in the classroom, on field-trips and in various other ways.
Now, Robert feels there are some important opportunities and potential threats to our school, significant enough that he feels an obligation to take a more active role.
As a member of the Governing Board, Robert will develop and support policies to ensure Freedom Academy’s continued success in four key areas:
- Enable each student the opportunity to lean and excel.
- Promote better communication and transparency between all school stakeholders.
- Retain and attract the best teachers and faculty for our children.
- Ensure solid program and financial management to ensure our school’s future.
Robert currently works for Novell, inc. here in Provo as their Senior Recruiter managing all Engineering recruiting in North America. Since relocating his family from Boston to Provo in 2001 to attend BYU, Robert has worked in a permanent or consultative recruiting capacity for some of Utah’s most-successful employers including Omniture (now Adobe), FamilyLink.com, EnticeLabs, Mozy (a division of EMC), the LDS Church, IM Flash, Henry Schein, and more. His seventeen years of professional business experience in various industries spans multinational, publicly-traded companies down to his own entrepreneurial experience in starting, running and managing small businesses. This experience means Robert has experience and knowledge to help ensure Freedom Academy’s future remains bright through careful and sound management.
You should choose to elect Robert Merrill to Freedom Academy’s governing board for at least these reasons:
- Thanks to his daughters, he is personally invested in the school’s success.
- He firmly believes in the success and potential of Freedom Academy’s unique charter.
- He will work hard to support and represent every family—new or old.
- He will help Freedom attract and retain the best faculty and administration available.