I have an 8830 “world edition” blackberry smartphone from Verizon wireless and I have to note a few things I wish could be improved.
* There’s a GPS built into the device, but VZ disabled it so you can’t use it because Verizon wants you to pay an extra $20/month for their Navigation service. That stinks.
* The 8830 seems to have a severe memory management problem, dumping txts and email, phone and call logs without warning, a few times a week.
* Having no camera is bad enough, but not able to receive Picture messages without using the web browser is kinda dumb.
* Other devices allow YouTube and streaming video/audio but not so on the 8830, presumably so you’ll sign up for “vCast”.
* More of an “I wish” for Verizon itself, the fact that I can’t use just the data plan (or the phone+texting without data plan is pretty ludicrous. Its just money, after all, but while going with Verizon may mean great cellular service (reception) it also means a hefty bite from your wallet each month.
Hopefully, Verizon won’t leave 8830 users behind as they roll out software for the Pearl, Storm and other new Blackberries.