I might be the last one on Earth to ask this question, but just in case I am not, I am blogging this for future generations:
I’ve been trying to make podcasts and finally, I think I have all the tools:
- This Google search led me to this page about Podcasting: Producing a Podcast with the Gear You Own Today which has an incredible number of screenshots! Thanks!
- I downloaded Audactiy, a sourceforge project (free)
I just found Macworld’s Secrets: “Give your podcast professional polish with Audacity“
- Now, I can edit clips I create either recording it with a microphone, or recording into my audioblog.com account, or recorded using Replay Radio or Resco Audio Recorder on my Pocket PC
- I can include music I get from CC Mixter or other Podsafe Music Resources (sheesh, here is a list of podsafe resources! Thanks, Dave!)
- I can upload files to my web server using FTP (WS_FTP is free, but I like Absolute FTP) and link to them in my blog (WordPress)
- Or, I can upload the files to my audioblog.com account and then use its built-in tools to publish to my blog.
- Feedburner automatically podcast-friendlys my feeds when I mash them through there.
We’ll see where we go from here!